Table of Contents
Shorter hold out occasions, greater care, and giving health and fitness gurus much more time with people are some of the methods that One Particular person A single Report can help boost health care in Nova Scotia.
“One Particular person A person Document is a resolution that is needed to modify how our healthcare technique communicates individual details between wellness industry experts and providers,” claimed Amanda Tinning, nurse practitioner for the House Transitional Coronary heart Failure Clinic. “As a nurse practitioner, I have to have access to patient facts and to talk facts in minutes, not times. 1 Human being A single File will let overall health gurus to talk proficiently, in get to supply the treatment that people want correctly.”
The new medical facts program will change or hook up a lot more than 80 systems health care specialists use day by day to report and see affected individual information. Several of these techniques are out-of-date, slow, and information and facts are unable to be shared very easily concerning them, aggravating health care industry experts who, on common, log in to at minimum 5 units to acquire a entire photo of a patient’s health and fitness information and facts.
1 Human being 1 Report will permit health care industry experts at any Nova Scotia Overall health or IWK Overall health facility to entry a patient’s full, up-to-day details at any time.
“For years, healthcare industry experts have been annoyed simply because they don’t have access to the affected person data they will need, to supply a lot quicker and much better care for their clients,” claimed Michelle Thompson, Minister of Wellbeing and Wellness. “It’s a major investment decision, but at the time completely executed it can conserve time, present more and far better emergency treatment, minimize hold out moments for surgical procedures, slice down on replicate and costly screening, and make Nova Scotia a far more beautiful solution for healthcare personnel.”
The Province has entered a 10-calendar year arrangement with Oracle Cerner, a international leader in integrated health and fitness data technological innovation, to style, build, and maintain 1 Human being One particular History. It will start rolling out at hospitals and mental health and dependancy services in two many years.
A single Individual A person History developments all priorities bundled in Action for Health and fitness, the government’s prepare to enhance healthcare, by:
- supporting a centralized booking program to lower surgical wait around occasions
- furnishing paramedics with the skill to watch affected person overall health details on the way to an emergency
- providing family members medical professionals, nurse practitioners and other suppliers supporting most important health care easier obtain to individual information
- connecting Nova Scotia Overall health and IWK mental wellbeing clinics and SchoolsPlus, which supports common mental healthcare
- replacing present old methods so new infrastructure assignments can be made with considerably less space for information and much more place for individual care
- providing continuing treatment groups access to effects and therapies from residents’ clinic visits, so they can present much better treatment when the resident returns home.
A person Man or woman A single Record will increase functions over time, such as the skill for sufferers to conveniently accessibility their own healthcare documents.
Healthcare professionals will be completely supported just before, through and following implementation, together with in-particular person and virtual teacher-led instruction, and 24/7 in-person, on-internet site help that consists of peer mentors, trainers, seller support, specialized guidance, and medical aid.
The availability of a solitary data program that supports our treatment suppliers in providing risk-free, much more timely and connected companies should really boost the high quality of treatment been given by patients and families although building their journeys more seamless.
Dr. Krista Jangaard, President and CEO, IWK Health and fitness
The approval of OPOR is a excellent day for health care in Nova Scotia. This legacy task will aid ensure an integrated and standardized healthcare experience regardless of wherever patients are in the province. As a company, it will give me instant accessibility to the details and help I require, so I can target on providing safe, superior-excellent treatment for my clients.
Dr. Matthew Clarke, unexpected emergency medical professional, Central Zone, Nova Scotia Health
We are energized about this collaboration and the chance to do the job with the total Nova Scotia healthcare program to enrich the health and properly-staying of their citizens.
Brian Sandager, Vice-President, Oracle Cerner Canada
- the 10-year agreement with Oracle Cerner is for $365 million
- when entirely applied, far more than 26,000 healthcare pros across the province will have entry to real-time affected person info
- moving Just one Human being A single File ahead is in Minister Thompson’s mandate letter